Use this procedure to create a real entity from a dynamic entity. You can load data into the dynamic entity with or without selecting sample parameter options. If you do not make any selections, the entity loads with the settings specified when the entity was created.
To load data into a dynamic entity
On the Discover bar, click Entities. A list of all real and dynamic entities opens.
Right-click the dynamic entity you want to convert and select one of the following options:
The Schedule Job bar opens prompting you to run the job now or schedule for later.
Click Now to run the job.
Load data with options
The Dynamic View Properties window opens. (If a message displays stating no data is available, run the updateallconnections mtb_admin command to refresh the data.)
1. For Data source either keep the original source or click Modify and choose a new data source.
2. For Sample parameters, keep the original setting or click Modify to specify data sampling settings in the Sample Parameters window, as follows:
Load all of the data rows.
First [number] rows
Load a defined number of records from the beginning of the file (for example, the first 1000 records).
Random [percent] % sample
Randomly sample a percentage of records from the file.
Skip first [number] rows
Specify a starting row for data imports. For example, if your file has 300 rows and you select All rows and Skip first 99 rows, TSS will load 201 rows, starting with the 100th row.
3. Click OK to close Sample Parameters window.
4. Click OK the run now. The Schedule Job bar opens prompting you to run the job now or schedule for later.
5. Click Now to run the job.
After the load finishes, verify that the loaded entity now displays with the real entity icon () in the Navigation View.