The Pipeline Simulator allows you to visualize how data flows through processes in a pipeline. You can see at a glance how many records exit each process from a sample set you provide. You can apply filtering to quickly see things like new or dropped records and can conduct searching of the full text of records in the Simulation Results.
- On the canvas, click Simulate.Note: To use the Pipeline Simulator feature, you must have a valid pipeline.
- In the Simulate Pipeline pop-up, paste or enter the data to run through the pipeline. See the image below.Note: When in simulation mode, data will not actually be sent to the target.
- Click Run Simulation to check the data flow through the pipeline.
- You can now see which records have passed through all processes and which reach the Target. If there are multiple routes through the pipeline there will be a drop-down where you can select a specific route to have the links and nodes highlighted for easy examination. See the image below.
- To see more details, click anywhere on a process and select Simulation Results. See the image below.