If a specific *FILE object is being monitored, then a set of File Field Descriptions may be attached to each journal monitor to annotate which fields of the journal entry should be forwarded.
- From the Configuration Tool, select the File Field Descriptions tab and define a new configuration group to hold the file field descriptions.
- To create a list of file field descriptions from a known *FILE object, click the Create button, or click the Generate button to send a query to the Ironstream Agent for IBM i, and the fields of the *FILE object specified will be automatically populated.
For each field, enter a label name, the field type, the column number of the record where the field starts, and the length of the field. (If monitoring the fields of a *FILE object, these values can be pulled from the output of a DSPFFD command).
Figure 1. Configure Field Descriptions
- Click the Save button to save the Fields Description group.
- Select the Journal Monitors tab to select which monitor to apply these fields descriptors to.
journal monitors of a group have been defined, assigned to systems and saved,
click the Distribute button to distribute the monitors to the Ironstream
Agent for IBM i for the Assigned Systems. The new monitors will be used
by the running subsystem immediately after the distribution is completed.
Note: All journal monitor groups that are assigned to a system will be distributed to the Ironstream Agent for IBM i on that system. Each monitor group will be stored as a separate member of the configuration file in the EVIEW library and a separate journal monitor job will be started for each journal monitor group.
- On the Systems tab, restart each System that is in the Assigned systems list of the newly created Journal Monitor Group.
Note: After creating or changing a journal monitor, you MUST restart each System affected by the changes to ensure that Hub is using the new configuration details when processing journal entries.