- Before installing Spectrum Technology Platform, be sure to read the release notes. The release notes contains important compatibility information as well as release-specific installation notes.
- Apply all the latest updates available for your operating system, especially those that resolve issues with Java.
To install a new server:
- Download Spectrum Technology Platform using the download instructions contained in your welcome email or the release announcement email.
- Extract the downloaded file to a temporary location on the server where you want to install Spectrum Technology Platform.
- Change the directory to the location of install.sh.
Be sure you have permission to run the files by typing the following
chmod a+x install.sh
- Run install.sh.
The installer guides you through the installation process.
- If you are setting up an environment where the configuration database is installed on a separate server choose Server only. Otherwise choose Standard installation.
- When prompted, select the modules that you want to install.
- Make sure that Spectrum Technology Platform Server is selected.
- If you are installing the SAP module, you must also install
Advanced Matching (Universal Name Data
Normalization and Advanced Matching).
Enterprise Tax is optional.
Universal Addressing is only
required if you will be using the SAP service
- To use the Context Graph module, you must license and install
the Neo4j Graph Database management system separately in a
standalone or cluster configuration. After you complete the
the Spectrum installation, configure the Context
Graph Repository Configuration settings in
the Spectrum Management Console to
address the Neo4j server.
For more information, see Installing Context Graph.
- When prompted, enter the HTTP port that you want to use then press Enter. The default is 8080. For a complete listing of ports used by see Network Ports.
Start the server.
Note: If you are installing a cluster, you do not need to start the server.
Change the working directory to the bin directory
of where Spectrum Technology Platform is installed.
Source the setup file.
For example:. ./setup
Start the Spectrum Technology Platform server.
To start Spectrum Technology Platform in the background, type the following command:
To start Spectrum Technology Platform in the foreground, type the following command:
- Change the working directory to the bin directory of where Spectrum Technology Platform is installed.
To ensure that Spectrum Technology Platform has started, open the log file
SpectrumDirectory/server/logs/spectrum-server.log and look for this
INFO [Server] Spectrum(TM) Technology Platform (Version version build) StartedImportant: Do not attempt to stop the server until after it has fully started for the first time. Stopping the server before it performs an initial startup can cause your installation to become unusable.
- Apply all the updates for the platform and any modules you have installed. For a listing of updates, see Spectrum Technology Platform Updates.