Points databases contain data for locating the center of a parcel. These databases provides enhanced geocoding accuracy for internet mapping, property and casualty insurance, telecommunications, utilities, and others.
- Master Location Data —This database provides the best available address point location for every mailable and deliverable address in the United States.
- Centrus Points—This database contains the data necessary to locate the center of a parcel or building. It does not contain assessor's parcel number (APN) or elevation data.
- Centrus Elevation—This database contains the same data as Centrus Points, plus elevation data.
- Centrus Enhanced Points—This database contains the same data as Centrus Points, plus APN data.
- Centrus Premium Points—This database contains the same data as Centrus Points, plus both APN and elevation data.
- TomTom Points Database—The data in this database is provided by TomTom, a third-party provider of spatial data.
- HERE Points—This database is provided by HERE, a third-party data provider. It contains data used to locate addresses at the center of the actual building footprint or parcel.
Note: If you have Oracle environment variables set in your profile, these environment variables may interfere with DVD database loading processes. If you experience database loading problems and are using Oracle, check that the Oracle environment variables are not active when you perform the DVD database loads.
- Download your Spectrum Product Database (SPD) format files from Precisely using the link provided in the Precisely communication or from data.precisely.com.
- The database is downloaded as a zip file. Unzip the database before proceeding with the installation.
If you are installing a Centrus points database:
- If you have previously installed any of the Centrus points databases, delete these files: cpoints.gsd, cpoints.gsi, cpoints.apn, cpoints2.apn, cpoints3.apn, and cpoints.elv.
- Copy these files to the Spectrum Technology Platform server: points.gsd, cpoints.gsi, cpoints.apn, cpoints2.apn, cpoints3.apn, and cpoints.elv.
If you are installing the Centrus TomTom Points database:
- If you have previously installed the Centrus TomTom Points database, delete these files: points.gsd and points.gsi.
- Copy these files to the Spectrum Technology Platform server: points.gsd and points.gsi.
- After you install the database files, use the Database Resource tool in the Management Console to define the database as a resource. For more information, see Spectrum Technology Platform Administration Guide.