This task describes how to configure Neo4j Graph Database Server to store Context Graph models in a cluster configuration.
A Neo4j Graph Database Server cluster should be configured with at least three core instances.
- While adding modules to Spectrum Technology Platform 2023.1, select to install the Context Graph module.
Install Neo4j Graph Database Server and configure the neo4j.conf file cluster settings for each node
in a cluster configuration.
Follow instructions in the Neo4j Operations Manual to create a cluster. For more information, see Neo4j Clustering (Neo4j Operations Manual).
On each node in the Neo4j Graph Database Server cluster, complete these steps to configure each instance to work with Context
You may choose to configure additional properties depending on your system architecture.
- Copy the apoc jar file from Neo4jDirectory/labs/ to Neo4jDirectory/plugins/.
- Open the Neo4jDirectory/conf/neo4j.conf file in a code editor.
Uncomment and configure the Bolt and HTTP connector port numbers as shown
# Bolt connector server.bolt.enabled=true #server.bolt.tls_level=DISABLED server.bolt.listen_address=:7700 server.bolt.advertised_address=:7700 # HTTP Connector. There can be zero or one HTTP connectors. server.http.enabled=true server.http.listen_address=:7474 server.http.advertised_address=:7474
Uncomment and configure these two property settings as shown here:
Uncomment and configure the routing port number as shown here:
Add this setting (you can insert it in the
# Miscellaneous configurationsection):
Add this setting:
dbms.db.timezone=SYSTEMBy default, the Neo4j Graph Database Server logs and monitoring use UTC time. This configuration specifies the local system time zone, which you may find easier to use.
Uncomment and configure these lines depending on available memory:
server.memory.heap.initial_size=512m server.memory.heap.max_size=8192m #server.memory.pagecache.size=10gIncreasing these values (for example, to
4096Mrespectively) can enhance performance. For more information, see Memory recommendations (Neo4j Operations Manual).
- Start the Neo4j Database Server cluster.
Configure Context Graph to connect to Neo4j Graph Database Server instances in the cluster.
- Confirm that Neo4j Graph Database Server instances are running in the clustered configuration.
- Sign into the Spectrum Management Console and click .
- If a username and password are required to connect to the Neo4j Graph Database Server, choose Basic for Authentication type, then enter the User name and Password.
You would select Secured connection if the Neo4j Graph Database Server is configured to use HTTPS.
For more information, see Use SSL to communicate with Neo4j Graph Database Server.
- For each Neo4j Graph Database Server instance in the cluster, click the Add address button + and specify the IP address or host name and Bolt connector port for the instance.
- Click the Test button to test the connection settings.
- Click Save to save the configuration settings.