Converting an existing Spectrum Technology Platform installation to a separated configuration database enables you to take advantage of the improved scalability of a separated configuration database.
When you convert to a separated configuration database, your existing installation is converted from one where the configuration database is part of the server to one where the configuration database is in a separate cluster.
To convert to a separated configuration database:
Manually back up the configuration database from your existing
For more information, see Creating a Backup Manually in the Spectrum Administration Guide.
- Back up module-specific data for any of these modules if you have them installed. The following module sections may also contain other information that you should read before upgrading.
Stop the server.
Run the SpectrumDirectory/server/bin/server.stop script to stop the Spectrum Technology Platform configuration server.If you have a clustered installation, stop the cluster.
Back up the index database from the existing server.
If you have a clustered installation, back up the index database from each node in the cluster SpectrumDirectory/index/data folder.
Install the configuration database to a new server.
- Place the Spectrum Technology Platform installer on the machine where you want to install the configuration database. This must be a different machine from the one where you have your existing Spectrum Technology Platform server installed.
- Run installdb.sh.
- Follow the prompts to install the configuration database.
Restore the database that you backed up in step 1 to where
you installed the configuration database.
For more information, see Restoring a Server in the Spectrum Administration Guide.
After the restore command completes, verify that a folder named graphdb is present in databases and transactions folders in these locations:
Configure the cluster properties for the database cluster by editing
DatabaseDirectory/repository/spectrum-container.propertiesFor more information, see Cluster Properties for a Configuration Database Cluster.
- Save and close the spectrum-container.properties file.
- Repeat steps 5.a through 5.g as required to install the configuration database on additional servers.
Start each configuration database node in the cluster consecutively.
Run the DatabaseDirectory/server/bin/server.start script.
Install the server cluster.
Note: If you want to use the same machine as part of the server cluster, then uninstall the existing Spectrum Technology Platform server.For more information, see Steps 6 thru 8 in Installing a Cluster with a Separated Configuration Database.Note: Do not start a server node until all nodes in the cluster have been configured.
Restore the index database to the server cluster.
Copy the data folder that you backed up in step 4 to the SpectrumDirectory/index folder for each node in the server cluster. If copying the backed up data folders from an existing cluster, copy the data folder to the corresponding node in the cluster.
Start each server node in the cluster consecutively.
Run the SpectrumDirectory/server/bin/server.start script.For more information, see Starting a Cluster.