Data sources are managed in the Sources section of the navigation tree.
Create a Data Source
When you create a data source, its metadata is stored in the metadata repository. Creating a data source does not initiate any operations on the data source. To perform operations, create operations in scenarios and run them.
To create a data source:
- In the navigation tree, right-click Sources and select Create source.
- The Create source window will appear. Enter the source name, select the source type, and click the Create button. The data source window will open.
- In the Source name field, enter a name for your source.
- Open the Source type dropdown menu and select a source type. The configuration parameters for the source will change, depending on
which source type you select. (For a discussion of configuring
EnterWorks data sources and connectivity, see EnterWorks Connectivity.)
Below is an example of configuration options for the MSSQLSource type.
connStr: The database connection string.
user: The database username.
password: The database password.
- When you have finished configuring the data source, test it. This can
be done in two ways:
Click the Test connection button at the bottom of the current window. A status message will appear that indicates success or any errors.
Explore the source. In the navigation tree, right-click the source's name and select Explore. If you have successfully created the data source, the source's tables will be displayed in the current window.
Clone a Data Source
To clone a data source:
- In the navigation tree, right-click the name of the source you want to clone and select Clone.
- The Clone source window will open. Enter the New scenario name.
- Click the Clone button. The cloned data source will appear in the list of sources.
Delete a Data Source
To delete a data source:
- In the navigation tree, right-click the name of the source you want to delete and select Delete.
- A confirmation window will appear that asks if you are sure you want to delete the source.
- Click the Yes button. The source will be deleted from the list of sources.
Upload Libraries for a Data Source
Many operations (but not all) require libraries to be uploaded to the data source. Libraries usually consist of stored procedures implemented in a language supported by the data source. If you are using a source of type SQLServer or PostgreSQL, you must upload the libraries. To use the Match and Merge function, you must upload libraries.
To upload a data source's libraries:
- In the navigation tree, right-click the name of the source and select Upload libraries.
- Fusion will attempt to upload the libraries. A status message will appear in the current window.