To perform a carrier analysis, enter a whole or partial doing-business-as (DBA) name and specify whether data should be retrieved from the Cellular or PCS database. MobileMarketAnalyzer then returns complete DBA, license, and frequency (PCS only) information from the database according to the parameters you specified.
To run a carrier analysis using MobileMarketAnalyzer:
, or click the Analyze Carrier button, to open the Analyze Carrier dialog:
Figure 1. MobileMarketAnalyzer Analyze Carrier dialog
- Enter a whole or partial DBA name in the Enter DBA field.
- Select either the PCS or Cellular radio button to specify which database MobileMarketAnalyzer should query.
- Use the check boxes in the Select Matching section to specify the types of
data to be retrieved define and how they should be displayed. Each data type is described in
more detail in PCS and Cellular Data Types section of the MobileMarketInfo Getting
- Selecting the Browse check box causes the data to be shown in a new browser window.
- Selecting the
checkbox causes the data to be displayed in a map window.
- Use the Border Style button to set the appearance of the map region’s borders.
- Use the Fill Style button to select the appearance of the map’s fill.
- Check the New Mapper checkbox to display results in a new map window. If this box is left unchecked, results will be displayed in the most recently used map window.
- Click OK .
The Analyze Carrier dialog can be cleared at any time by clicking the Reset button.
Once the query has run, browser windows are displayed in the following order:
- DBA data
- License data
- Frequency data
Map layers are drawn in the following order:
- DBA data (bottom)
- License data (middle)
- Frequency data (top)
Note: Because MobileMarketAnalyzer queries the MobileMarketInfo database, tables created by this analysis are not automatically saved. If any of the tables on which the query is based are closed, the query will also close.