A 3D or three-dimensional map represents a physical or virtual space with height, depth, and width information. Unlike traditional 2D maps that depict geographical features and locations using only latitude and longitude coordinates, a 3D map offers a multidimensional view of the world. It provides a valuable tool for understanding and navigating complex environments. It gives a more realistic depiction of the environment and helps you to understand the topography, terrain, and spatial relationships within a given area.
Using the 3D support in MapInfo Pro, you can:
- Visualize your vector and raster data in a new 3D window inside MapInfo Pro using OpenGL rendering.
- Terrain use case
- Raster Terrain 3D model sourced from any MI Raster-supported Format.
- Terrain Model from Elevation encoded imagery or tiles.
- Drape Surface (Imagery or Tiles) over a 3D model.
- Add Vector tables onto a 3D window.
- Extrude vector tables – get elevation from attributes or nodes.
- Access your local tables or data from cloud and tile servers.