You must have Administrator rights to run the Installer, and the Installer requires that your TEMP variable be set to a valid directory.
MapInfo Pro provides its application data files to each user. Called a Per-User install, this functionality runs the first time you run MapInfo Pro or MapInfo Pro client on a machine, and each time the MapInfo Pro Installer is run thereafter. The application data files include, among others, the Pen Styles file, Custom Symbols files, and Thematic Legend templates. These files allow different users to have custom settings.
To install MapInfo Pro:
If installing from a DVD, the Installer automatically launches. If the
Installer does not automatically launch, then go to the DVD drive and click on
autostart.exe. If installing from a download, go to the
directory into which you downloaded MapInfo Pro and right-click the
setup.exe file, select Run as
Administrator from the pop-up menu to install using elevated
If you see a prompt for permission to continue. Click Allow or Yes to proceed.
The wizard begins to lead you through the installation process.
- On the Launcher menu, choose Install Products.
Choose MapInfo Pro and then choose MapInfo
You may see a prompt for permission to continue. Click Allow or Yes to proceed (if you do not respond and the message times-out, the install is unsuccessful).
Select the language in which you want to install MapInfo Pro.
In version 2023, you have the option of installing MapInfo Pro in sixteen different languages other than English. You can choose between Brazilian, Chinese, Czech, German, Danish, Spanish, Finnish, French (Standard), Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Swedish and Turkish.
If any of the prerequisites listed under Dependencies and Prerequisites are not already installed on your
system, a display will prompt users to install the missing prerequisites. Click
Installing the prerequisites takes several minutes—the status of each prerequisite updates as it installs.
- If you see a message that MapInfo Pro requires a reboot, click Yes. You must reboot to continue with the installation.
- Click Next to continue the process.
- On the License Information dialog box, review the license. Click Next to continue.
On the Customer Information dialog box, do one of the following:
Note: If you choose to select both MapInfo Pro - Licensed or Trial version and MapInfo Viewer Subscription check boxes, MapInfo Pro would be the default application associated with MapInfo Pro registered file types such as workspace (*.wor) or table (*.tab).
- Select the MapInfo Pro - Licensed or Trial version check-box, type
your user name, organization, serial number, and access code in the
corresponding fields and click Next to
The user name and organization fields are mandatory. If you also enter the serial number and access code, MapInfo Pro Licensed version is installed. If no credentials are entered, the trial version of MapInfo Pro is installed.
This installs MapInfo Pro Licensed or Trial version based on the information provided and creates a shortcut to MapInfo Pro in the Start menu.
- Select the MapInfo Viewer Subscription check-box,
type your user name and organization and click Next
This installs MapInfo Pro in the subscription mode and creates a shortcut to MapInfo Viewer in the Start menu.
- Select both the check-boxes and click Next to continue. Shortcuts to both MapInfo Pro and MapInfo Viewer are created in the Start menu.
The serial number and access code are listed on the Product Activation Information Card or emailed with your license details, and are used to activate your product.
- Select the MapInfo Pro - Licensed or Trial version check-box, type your user name, organization, serial number, and access code in the corresponding fields and click Next to continue.
Do one of the following:
- If your organization purchased node-locked licenses, the third character of your serial number is "N". Skip this step and go to step 12.
- If your organization purchased concurrent licenses, the third character
of your serial number is "S" or a distributable license, the third
character of your serial number is "D". In this case, the
License Server Name and License Server
Port Number fields display on the dialog box. Note: For more information about node-locked, concurrent and distributable licenses, see Starting and Activating MapInfo Pro under Chapter 3 of the MapInfo Pro Install Guide.
If you know the license server name and port number, type them here. If you do not, you can continue with the installation without filling in the license server name and port number. You will have another opportunity to supply this information when you start MapInfo Pro.
- Click Next to continue.
Select one of the following options and then click Next
- Typical – Choose this option if you will be using MapInfo Pro as a desktop application including remote database access and connectivity.
- Custom – Choose this option to restrict the components that are installed by the installation program. For example, you can prevent the installer from adding the documentation and tools.
- Select the destination folder where you want to install MapInfo Pro and click Next.
- Click Install to finish the installation process.