Purpose - Finalist - 10.0

Finalist Compatibility Interface (CI) Migration Guide

Product type
Software
Portfolio
Verify
Product family
Data Quality - Postals
Product
Finalist
Version
10.0
Language
English
Product name
Finalist
Title
Finalist Compatibility Interface (CI) Migration Guide
Copyright
2023
First publish date
1998
ft:lastEdition
2024-05-15
ft:lastPublication
2024-05-15T00:18:43.325870

This document describes how to migrate from the Finalist Compatibility Interface (CI) to the Finalist native interface. The Finalist CI is available for the z/OS platform only. The Finalist native interfaces are shared across all platforms. Programs (applications) written to use the native interface easily migrate from one platform to another.

This document focuses on COBOL customers who represent the majority of the Finalist customer application driver base on z/OS. For Assembler (BAL) customers, the same concepts apply but Assembler field names must be used instead of the COBOL equivalent.

This document is designed to serve all Finalist customers and about 95% of their applications. The remaining 5% includes CICS or IMS specific code and/or LPAM (database access routines). This document does not address the latter group.

The information in this document is current as of publication date. Changes may be made after publication and this document may not address all issues applicable to your specific site. Finalist Technical Support and/or Development are available to answer your questions. However, if the task is complex, you can engage Precisely Professional Services for assistance.