By default, a backup is performed daily at 12 p.m 2:00 a.m, and the twenty most recent backups are saved. Additionally, if you are an administrator, you can start a system backup at any time from the Settings page in the Directory.
During installation, you can select a backup file to restore your system to an earlier state, as described in the installation guide.
Running a backup on demand
- From the Directory, select Settings > Backup.
- To create a backup of your system, select Create Backup Now.
- In the Create Backup Now dialog, click Backup.
- Wait for the system backup to complete, then click Close.
Editing backup settings
If needed, you can modify the default backup settings, for example, you can change the location of saved backup files, or you can increase the number of most recent files that are saved.
- Navigate to the "cust.prop" file located at:
%LOCALAPPDATA%/Data360Analyze/site/conf/cust.propif you selected Local User during installation.
C:/ProgramData/Data360Analyze/site/conf/cust.propif you selected All Users during installation.
<Data360Analyze site configuration directory>/conf/cust.prop
- Open the cust.prop file. The default backup settings are shown in the following table. To edit any of the backup settings, you can replace the default property values (shown in red below) with new values in the same format.CAUTION:If you upgraded from 3.0.5, backups are not created by default. In this case, you will need to manually add the below properties to your cust.prop file if you want backup files to be created.
ls.lae.system.backup.backupFileLocation="<Data360Analyze data directory>/data-7731"
The directory where the backup files are stored.
The default location depends on the option that you selected during installation.Note: If you have upgraded from a release prior to 3.6.0, the backups may be in the original default directory
/Data3SixtyAnalye/site/dataNote: If you have upgraded from a release prior to 3.6.0, the backups may be in the original default directory:
<Data3SixtyAnalye data directory>/data-7731
The number of most recent files that are saved.
Enable or disable the creation of backup files.
Set this property to
falseif you do not want to create backup files.
ls.lae.system.backup.scheduledBackupsCronExpr="0 0 2 1/1 * ? *"
The time when the backup file is created. The time must be specified as a Cron expression, using the Quartz Job Scheduler format. For more details and formatting examples, see:
The number of errors that can occur during backup before the backup aborts. Setting the value to
0will guarantee that the backup has no errors, but may also cause the backup to never be taken successfully. Setting the value to a negative value will guarantee that a backup is taken successfully, but the backup might contain errors.
- Restart Data360 Analyze for the changes to take effect.
What's included in a Data360 Analyze backup?
A Data360 Analyze backup contains the latest user-specific and system information which can be used during a future installation to restore your system to an earlier state, including:
- Users and user preferences
- Data flows and library nodes, including node run statuses
- System configuration
- Directory structure
See also Stopping the scheduler.