Selects and reorders fields.
The Field Order property lists all available input fields on the node. You can reorder the fields and select fields to include in the output.
If there is no input data on the Reorder Fields node, you can type the name of a field in the Ordered Fields grid. When the node receives input data, any fields that do not exist will be highlighted in orange.
Select the field(s) that you want to reorder and use the buttons on the right to change the order. Choose from:
- Move to Top
- Move Up
- Move Down
- Move to Bottom
All selected fields will be moved. For example, you have the following fields:
If you select fields C and E and click the Move Up button, the field order would become:
When the Field Order property is selected, you can use the following keyboard shortcuts:
|Ctrl + click to select fields
|Select multiple fields
|Shift + click to select fields
|Select a range of fields
|Ctrl + A
|Delete or Backspace
If you are working with a large number of fields, you can type to search for a specific field. Use the arrows to the right of the search box to navigate through the matches.
You can exclude one or more fields from the output by selecting the fields that you want to remove and clicking the Remove Fields button.
Only the fields that are listed in the Field Order property will be included in the output.
You can restore fields that have previously been excluded, or add new fields that have been added to the input data set:
- Click the Add Fields button.
- The Add Fields dialog lists all available fields on the left, and selected fields on the right. Use the left and right arrows to add or remove fields.
- You can also reorder selected fields from this dialog by using the Move to Top, Move Up, Move Down and Move to Bottom buttons.
- Click Done to save your changes.
Populate the table with a list of fields which specify the order in which input fields will be written in the output.
Select fields to add or remove from the output. Any fields that are not specified in the list will be excluded from the output.
Optionally specify the node behavior when there are fields specified in the Field Order property that do not exist on the incoming data set. Choose from:
- Error - The node will error when it finds fields listed in the Field Order property that do not exist on the incoming data set. The erroneous fields will be listed in the error detail.
- Log - A warning will be logged by the node when it finds fields listed in the Field Order property that do not exist on the incoming data set. The erroneous fields will be listed in the warning detail.
- Ignore - No warning will be logged by the node. Any fields found in the Field Order property that do not exist on the incoming data set will be ignored.
The default value is Error.
Example data flows
A number of sample Data Flows are available from the Samples workspace, found in the Analyze Directory page.
In the Directory under the
/Data360 Samples/Node Examples/ folder, you will find "Re-ordering fields", which shows examples of how to use this node.
Inputs and outputs