To configure or view the properties of a node, select the node to display its properties in the Properties panel on the right of the screen.
To edit nodes in your data flow, select the nodes and right-click to view a list of menu options. The menu options that are available vary depending on whether you have selected a single node, or multiple nodes.
Selecting a single node
To select a single node, click on the node. Any previously selected nodes will be unselected. A selected node is identified by a black outline around the name of the node.
Selecting multiple nodes
There are a number of ways to select multiple nodes:
- Press and hold the Ctrl key to select multiple nodes.
- Press and hold the Shift key and drag a selection box across the nodes that you want to select.
- Choose the Select All menu option from the toolbar, or from the canvas shortcut menu by right-clicking on the canvas.
- Use the Ctrl+A keyboard shortcut to select all the nodes in the data flow.
To deselect a specific node, hold down Ctrl and click on an already selected node.
Or, to deselect all nodes, choose Select None from the toolbar menu. You can also click anywhere on the canvas background to deselect all nodes.
To move a node, click and drag the node to a new position. If you drag to the edges of the data flow canvas, the canvas will start scrolling automatically.
You can move multiple nodes at once by selecting them first, and then starting to drag over a node which has already been selected.
You can use Smart Guides to align nodes vertically or horizontally on the canvas:
- Select the node that you want to align and drag it towards the node that you want to align it with.
- A blue line is displayed when the nodes are aligned. Release the mouse button to place the node.
Smart Guides are enabled by default. To disable Smart Guides, click the toolbar menu button and select Disable Smart Guides.
Alternatively, when you have selected more than one node, you can use the Align feature to align the nodes:
- Select the nodes that you want to align.
- Choose an alignment option by clicking one of the Align buttons in the toolbar.
You can also choose to distribute items uniformly in a horizontal or vertical direction on the canvas:
- Select at least three nodes that you want to distribute.
- On the toolbar, click Distribute Horizontally or Distribute Vertically.
When you are manually moving a node, yellow guides are displayed between nodes to show when they are distributed evenly on the canvas. For example, in the image below, selecting and moving the Aggregate node horizontally displays the yellow highlighting when the three nodes are equidistant from each other: