- Select a node to view its properties in the Properties panel.
- If the node has a code type property, you can choose to edit the code inline on the properties panel, or in a pop-out window by clicking the Edit in pop-out window button:
For example, this option is available on the ConfigureFields and ProcessRecords properties of the Convert Cumulative Cents Total to Dollars node, and on the SqlQuery property of the JDBC Query node. This can be useful if you need to edit large sets of code, giving you the option to expand the window or edit on a separate monitor.
- When you are working with the code editor, you have the following code editing features available:
- Input Field Code Completion - Allows the pop-out editor to predict and display options to fill in for input field code values. For example, when a node's input pin 'in1' has data, typing 'in1.' will bring up a list of input fields available.
- General Code Completion - Allows the pop-out editor to predict and display options to fill in for general code values.
- Search - Helps you find characters and text throughout your code. To begin a search, press Ctrl+F.
- Find and Replace - Search and replace characters and text throughout your code. To begin a find and replace, press Ctrl+H.
- Show and Run Commands - Show an exhaustive list of commands available for use when editing. To access the list, press F1.
- Change All Occurrences - Changes all occurrences of a selected word by selecting Ctrl+F2 or by right-clicking and selecting Change All Occurrences.
When you are working with the pop-out editor, you can choose from the following options:
- Discard Changes - Closes the pop-out editor without saving your changes.
- Save - Saves your changes and the pop-out editor remains open. Your changes are also reflected in the Properties panel. This can be useful if you are making lots of changes and want to save periodically.
- Save and Close - Saves your changes and closes the pop-out editor.
When the pop-out editor is open, you cannot edit the property directly in the Properties panel. You can choose from the following options:
- Update with changes from pop-out editor - Updates the property in the Properties panel to reflect any changes you have made in the pop-out editor and closes the pop-out window. This is an alternative to clicking the Save and Close button in the pop-out editor.
- Bring pop-out editor to front - Focuses the display on the pop-out editor.
Typing Python script
When typing Python script, auto indentation will insert four spaces. If you have pasted script into the editor that contains tabs, these will be highlighted in the code and you can use the Convert Tabs to Spaces option from the property menu to convert all tabs to spaces. This menu option will also convert any instances of two space indentation to four spaces.